Matthew Eversole

just another blog

5.18.2005

I Think I'm Crazy

I went back to visit Hallsville High School Tuesday, and I know I'm destined to teach because I actually miss being responsible for a classroom of teenagers that do their best to challenge me on every level. There just isn't as much challenge in anything else I've done. Flying an airplane in the clouds. Easy. Working on bikes. Second nature, and somewhat boring at this point. Dealing with customers just so I can make money... Also old news. Working on engines...Fun, but just a hobby. But seeing just one kid actually enjoy a story I've taught or finally get something or actually write something good (that they DIDN"T plaigarize) is almost worth all the hassle you have to go through to get there. I must be crazy. And if "Cancun Hoodie" is reading this, those parentheses in the previous sentence are for you. Keep writing.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah....crazy like a fox...you left before the research papers had to be graded!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    silly you know you love us and just wanted to see us again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home