Matthew Eversole

just another blog

1.14.2005

Today was an interesting day. I went and observed in two of the classes I'll be student teaching in. I found out that all the classes my supervising teacher teaches are senior classes, and most focus on literature. That just so happens to be a very good thing, as literature is much more interesting to me than grammar has ever been. I also got a feel for the personality of the teacher and I think it will probably be a good match for me. She is fairly laid back while at the same time not putting up with much crap from the kids. I guess what I'm saying is she doesn't seem prone to overreaction like some teachers I have had myself. I can see myself having a similar teaching style. I also found out what books I should be brushing up on.
All this student teaching stuff is starting to build and shortly I believe my life will blur into a furied train of frenzy. Deadlines of all types of things seem to be converging to a center, pulled be the very force of gravity itself. Added to all this, I may need to pick up and move in a month or so. I hate moving, especially the idea of moving in the middle of student teaching. But, I'm trusting everything will work out for the best. If nothing else, I will come to appreciate the fine art of time management once again. I'm looking forward to the challenge. It's about time I'm forced to be stretched quite a bit. I think I've gotten lazy, but my schedule over the next few months will change all that.
The worst thing about this new year we're in now is I haven't really ridden my Surly(bike) yet. I've already gotten quite out of shape. I'm planning to do something about it, you know, "assessing the situation", but I may lose the mileage competition with Devon this month. If I do, I owe a lunch of his choice. But hey, the month isn't over yet, and I have Monday off my morning job, so maybe a good 50 or 60 miler will find its way into the schedule. I can only hope. Riding my bike really does make me feel much better overall, as long as I'm eating right. I also REALLY miss my motorcycle. Maybe I'm in a late-twenties crisis. Regardless, I can't wait to get an exhaust for that old Kawasaki and see if it runs, but it may have to wait another few months. Student teaching doesn't pay a single dime, in case you were wondering.


1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger amy said…

    hooplah - you're finally posting! and why did i have to read amanda's blog to find out that you might move in with them? just remember that our house is big enough for you and both dogs. and columbus needs teachers!

    love,
    your lovely and amazing sister

     

Post a Comment

<< Home