Matthew Eversole

just another blog

1.25.2005

Mayhem Kills Monotony
Just one short week ago, I was lamenting monotony. Since then, my friend's distant cousin was kidnapped from a Wal-Mart in Tyler(40 minutes from here) and killed, the house I rent is in the process of being repossessed from my landlord, both my roomates are moving out, and I start student teaching in less than a week. Although not thankful for the first event on that list, I am ready for the challenge of student teaching. I'm also ready to live in a house without roomates, so only my stuff is left in random places throughout the house, but the timing of the whole thing is a bit inconvenient. Oh, I also passed my qualifying test so I can take my PPR(Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities) test from the state of Texas for my teaching certification. And now I have to take a qualifying test for my content exam(English/Language Arts 8-12), but that can actually wait for a month or so.
The best way for me to get ready to deal with all the little details of these things is to get out on the Surly and clear my head. Something about bicycling allows me to think through a process to the end. It also makes me more optimistic in general. I haven't really ridden yet this year. Sometimes I hate having a car. It's just too easy to be lazy and drive everywhere. But, unless it snows tomorrow(and it won't, because I live in Texas), I WILL ride my bicycle to work. Then maybe the mayhem will lend itself to management. I better go. I need to check my bike out before tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Mayhem has been killing monotony for too long...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home